Essential criteria (all must be respected for the submission to be accepted):
- Use of at least one pulse as core ingredient at 5% minimum inclusion of total product dry weight
- Pulses are the edible, dry seeds of legume plants and include dry peas, beans, lentils and chickpeas.
- Pulses are available in a range of forms including: whole seeds, flours and fractions (fibre, protein, starch)
- A world of food product applications are at your fingertips and are open to your imagination!
- Food product prototype or food technology
- New (cannot be a patented formula or an already commercially marketed product)
Examples of product categories (not exhaustive):
- Pulse innovation in traditional foods
- Consumer packaged food product targeting millennials
- Innovation in pulse processing
- Culinary innovation in foodservice
- Humanitarian food products
You may want to also take into consideration:
- Product sensory appeal (product appearance, flavor and texture)
- Innovative characteristics (originality, diverse use of pulses, marketing plan)
- Health and nutritional benefits
- Target audience (targeting one or various categories of people such as children, athletes, women, elderly)
Recruit a team
The LovePulses Product Showcase is OPEN TO ALL.
There are absolutely no criteria or limitation for team composition. Anyone can make a submission: from one individual to a whole group of people of any age group or occupation. Commercial entities, as well as academic groups and individuals are welcome.
If you are not sure where to find partners to team up with, look for:
- Food scientists
- Food technologists
Develop an exciting product that showcases pulse innovation
This is the time you will be brainstorming, testing, designing and coming up with a wonderful product. Good luck with this phase of product development!
Submit your innovation online
To submit your product to the LovePulses virtual competition, you will need to:
- Check all the requirements and the description of information content for both the form and the video
- Fill in the online application form
- Make sure to include all requested information
- Make sure to upload the link to your YouTube video
- Upload your video to YouTube
Upload your video (the “submission”) to YouTube and include the link to the video in the designated area of the submission form. To upload your submission, you must have an account with YouTube. To sign up for a free You Tube account, visit http://www.youtube.com/create_account and follow the online instructions for registration. You Tube is not a sponsor of this contest.
Please note the following specifications for your video:
- 3 min long max (not including title page/credits)
- The video format and size must follow the video upload guidelines for Youtube.com, available at www.youtube.com.
- Include at the beginning title pages key information about the submitter (individual or team), the product and the innovation, matching information requested in the application form.
- Please include science sources and any photo/film/approval for sources in the credits after the video
- Content must be tasteful and appropriate for all ages
- The video shall be submitted in English as the common language of the judges. However, you may also submit in the following languages: French, Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic, Russian (subtitles would be added to your video for the judges).
The person uploading the submission will be deemed the submitter. The submitter is the one person who is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with that submission. If a team elects to collaborate on a submission, the team is required to designate one person as the agent of the team to enter the contest and to agree to these rules. Enter as often as you wish.
We are looking forward to receiving and reviewing your videos,
Good luck and may the best win!
The Global Pulse Confederation (GPC)