We know you love pulses, which is why we want to give you 10 ideas for ways you can help promote the 2016 International Year of Pulses.
- Eat more pulses! Include pulses more often in your daily diet and in your weekly meal planner, but also choose pulses at restaurants and at the take-away counter.
- Bring pulses into gatherings with family, friends and colleagues - as many people did last January 6th for Pulse Feast!
- Be social and talk about us! Post your pulse dishes, use the hashtags #IYP2016, #Healthyeating, #Recipe or #Pulses and follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Do you have a blog? Include a link to our website in it. Include links to iyp2016.org and Pulses.org in your social media posts!
- Contact your favorite local restaurant, your children’s canteen, and office or campus cafeterias and tell them about the International Year of Pulses. They may want to offer new pulse dishes or propose promotions on pulse dishes in their menus.
- Tell your local grocery store about IYP!
- Donate pulses to your local food bank.
- Contact local youth groups and ask them to promote pulses by including them in their activities!
- Get creative with pulses by working them into dishes you already know or invent new recipes. Have you tried pulses for dessert? Chocolate and beans are a great combination, like in these Black Bean Brownies. Have you thought about using pulse flours? Add some extra protein to your cakes, breads and cookies, or add pulse puree for extra moisture.