In 2015-16, the Global Pulse Confederation (GPC) and its partners are hosting the LovePulses Product Showcase, a global competition to encourage the development of novel food products containing pulses as core ingredients. The global showcase will feature pulse innovations created by winning teams from different regions around the world.
The global competition will consist of two streams: National Competitions and a Virtual Competition.
The LovePulses National Competitions will take place in the following 8 countries:
- Canada – Pulse Canada
- USA – US Dry Pea & Lentil Council
- Australia – Australian Institute of Food Science
- India – McGill Centre for Convergence of Health and Economics
- Japan – Japan Pea and Bean Importers Association
- Ethiopia – ICARDA/EIAR
- Uganda - CIAT, Uganda
- Morocco – International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Area (ICARDA)/ National Institute for Agricultural Research (INRA)
If your country is not listed, you can join the LovePulses Virtual Competition to show your commitment to pulse innovation.
Winners from both streams will be showcased at the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) on July 16-19 in Chicago and possibility at other events being held during 2016 International Year of Pulses.