In 2015-16, the Global Pulse Confederation (GPC) and its partners hosted the LovePulses Product Showcase, a global competition that encouraged the development of novel food products containing pulses as core ingredients. The global showcase featured pulse innovations created by winning teams from different regions around the world.
The global competition consisted of two streams: National Competitions and a Virtual Competition.
The LovePulses National Competitions took place in the following 8 countries:
- Canada – Pulse Canada
- USA – US Dry Pea & Lentil Council
- Australia – Australian Institute of Food Science
- India – McGill Centre for Convergence of Health and Economics
- Japan – Japan Pea and Bean Importers Association
- Ethiopia – ICARDA/EIAR
- Uganda - CIAT, Uganda
- Morocco – International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Area (ICARDA)/ National Institute for Agricultural Research (INRA)
Winners from both streams showcased at the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) on July 16-19 in Chicago.